(Full Media Release)
The Congress of the People congratulates the successful candidate and returning Member of Parliament for the constituency of Chaguanas West.
We also have taken note of and respect the decision of the people of the constituency.
Jack Warner regains the Chaguanas West constituency as Member of Parliament in Monday’s by election under the banner of his recently formed Independent Liberal Party.
The results indicate Mr. Warner got 12,642 votes.
The United National Congress candidate in the poll, Khadijah Ameen, received 5,126 votes.
422 persons voted for Avinash Singh of the People’s […]
Officials of the Elections and Boundaries Commission (EBC), this morning used spray paint and blacked out pro-United National Congress (UNC) candidate posters.
The posters were discovered plastered on the walls of a school being used as a polling station.
The posters were in violation of Representation of the Peoples Act, which prohibits the canvassing of support on […]
Reports state that 50 year old Bandath Ramcurre was assisting another man by monitoring his vehicle which broke down in the front of his home. Ramcurre was shot when […]
According to the police, relatives of 50 year old Bandath Ramcurre related that a car broke down outside of his home Sunday, and he was asked by its driver to keep an eye on the vehicle.
Early this morning a group of strange […]
- Property Tax remains a topic of discontent says MP for St. Augustine Prakash Ramadar
- Questions arise on what plans are in place should unrest in Venezuela country affect T&T
- The Opposition says they will continue in non support of the implementation of the Property Tax
- A smooth re-opening of the new school term is the assessment being given by the Ministry of Education
- Why name a stand at Brian Lara Stadium after Sachin Tendulkar
- TT fall out top three in world relays
- TT women, windies men look to save face in respective cricket clashes today
- Likewise, the proposed implementation of the Property Tax ….
- The Government’s announcement about the new chancellor of the University of the West Indies continues to draw fire from the Opposition
- Former Tertiary Education Minister, Fazal Karim Says Minister Anthony Garcia Has Embarrassed the Nation
- Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar A meeting held by Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar, on Tuesday has revealed, some level o
- former head of the National Operations Centre, Commander Garvin Heerah The volatile situation that presently exists in neighboring Venezuela will ultimately have a bigger
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news