Government says it is moving ahead with the necessary ground work to form the proposed Revenue Authority.
Finance Minister Colm Imbert maintains that an independent institution to focus on this important area is vital and will help in the collection of taxes.
He confirmed that the move also had input from the International Monetary Fund, […]
130 million dollars is being put forward by the government as the final payment to former sugar -cane workers.
Prime Minister, Kamla Persad Bissessar, says consultations were held with the various groups which represent the former sugar employees.
Speaking at the Monday Night Forum held by the United National Congress at Kanhai Presbyterian Primary School, […]
The latest NACTA poll conducted has given Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar a marginal lead against PNM political Leader, Dr. Keith Rowley.
The survey, which is described as a loose barometer of politics, indicated that the Prime Minister still enjoys high approval ratings among her members and supporters, but the poll also shows that her […]
Speaking with News Power Now, Pastor Dottin said there is a bigger issue surrounding the hunger strike by Environmentalist Dr. Wayne Kublalsingh.
He added that he believed that a lot of […]
The parliament was told by Finance Minister, Larry Howai, that the government is no longer interested in following through on its plan to set up a company called Atrius which would have utilized assets from failed insurance giant CLICO.
Minister Howai was asked to give an update on the status of Atrius by Opposition […]
- Illegal vending in Arima being tackled
- OWTU says no to job cuts in economic hardship
- Search continues for missing man at sea
- Contractors Association reports better days
- Tobago prices reportedly increasing following transport woes
- Businessman’s murder raises discussions on accessing licensed firearms
- Truckers & Traders Association President says sea bridge crisis needs Gov’t intervention
- Fiery protests as Morvant residents cry neglect
- National Security Minister says Life Sport responsible for crime fighting challenges today
- Sea transport issues continue, PM says sorry
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news