Despite calls from the Law Association of Trinidad and Tobago for the Bail (Amendment) Bill 2015 to be repealed, the government is defending the recent passage of the legislation in the parliament.
In the House of Representatives, 36 Members of Parliament, including those on the Opposition side, voted in favour of the bill.
However, in […]
There has been some dissent from various quarters after statement made by Opposition leader Dr. Keith Rowley.
The PNM Leader has come under fire for statements he made at a Political Meeting in Brazil Village on Tuesday.
The Ethics Committee has labelled the Opposition leader’s comments as ‘racist’ and ‘sexually charged’.
As a signatory of […]
Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar, speaking at Monday’s UNC Forum at the Khanhai Presbyterian School , took a punch at the Opposition once again, this time reviewing sentiments uttered by the Opposing side on the issue of no confidence motions. She said if the Opposition’s rationale was correct, the government sat in a winning position […]
Venezuela’s President Nicolás Maduro met with T&T’s Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar in Trinidad today in what was an official one day working visit by the Venezuelan leader.
Bilateral discussions on a number of areas of mutual interest including energy, air services and tourism, fisheries, security, consular issues, hemispheric and multilateral issues, were held, resulting […]
A tough task ahead. This is how former National Security Minister, Gary Griffith, describes the way forward for his successor, former Brigadier General Carl Alfonso.
Mr. Griffith is one of several ministers who were axed from the cabinet in an address to the nation by Prime Minister, Kamla Persad Bissessar, at the Diplomatic Center, St. […]
- TT cricket and football teams looking to bite the bug of defeat
- TT’s Dylan Carter brilliant in USA’s Collegiate Swimming Championships
- Court rules against TTFA in broadcast rights issue
- Former Senator and Founding Member of the Alliance of Independents is today saying that while there are a number of factors that contribute to criminal violence it starts at schools
- Former Head of the Police Central Division Senior Superintendent Johnny Abraham says protocols must be followed by the TTPS when a missing persons report is made
- Eight people have been arrested after an attack in Westminister London
- Autopsy results reveals that teen found dead outside of a school compound died from blunt force trauma
- Former Housing Minister questions whether the Housing Development Corporation has any plans of assisting those families it has evicted
- Wade Mark accuses the government of raiding the Heritage and Stabilization Fund
- Body of man found in waters near Hyatt, identified as Tobago native
- Former Senator and Founding Member of the Alliance of Independents is today saying that while there are a number of factors that contribute to criminal violence it starts at schoolsFormer Senator and Founding Member of the Alliance of Independents, Nicole Dyer Griffith Former Senator and Founding Member of the Alliance of Independents (AOI) Nicole D
- Former Head of the Police Central Division Senior Superintendent Johnny Abraham says protocols must be followed by the TTPS when a missing persons report is madeThe family of 23-year-old Sharlene Somai is today critical of officers who took the missing persons of young woman’s family. The family stated that when the report was
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news