Despite calls from the Law Association of Trinidad and Tobago for the Bail (Amendment) Bill 2015 to be repealed, the government is defending the recent passage of the legislation in the parliament.
In the House of Representatives, 36 Members of Parliament, including those on the Opposition side, voted in favour of the bill.
However, in […]
There has been some dissent from various quarters after statement made by Opposition leader Dr. Keith Rowley.
The PNM Leader has come under fire for statements he made at a Political Meeting in Brazil Village on Tuesday.
The Ethics Committee has labelled the Opposition leader’s comments as ‘racist’ and ‘sexually charged’.
As a signatory of […]
Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar, speaking at Monday’s UNC Forum at the Khanhai Presbyterian School , took a punch at the Opposition once again, this time reviewing sentiments uttered by the Opposing side on the issue of no confidence motions. She said if the Opposition’s rationale was correct, the government sat in a winning position […]
Venezuela’s President Nicolás Maduro met with T&T’s Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar in Trinidad today in what was an official one day working visit by the Venezuelan leader.
Bilateral discussions on a number of areas of mutual interest including energy, air services and tourism, fisheries, security, consular issues, hemispheric and multilateral issues, were held, resulting […]
A tough task ahead. This is how former National Security Minister, Gary Griffith, describes the way forward for his successor, former Brigadier General Carl Alfonso.
Mr. Griffith is one of several ministers who were axed from the cabinet in an address to the nation by Prime Minister, Kamla Persad Bissessar, at the Diplomatic Center, St. […]
- Property Tax remains a topic of discontent says MP for St. Augustine Prakash Ramadar
- Questions arise on what plans are in place should unrest in Venezuela country affect T&T
- The Opposition says they will continue in non support of the implementation of the Property Tax
- A smooth re-opening of the new school term is the assessment being given by the Ministry of Education
- Why name a stand at Brian Lara Stadium after Sachin Tendulkar
- TT fall out top three in world relays
- TT women, windies men look to save face in respective cricket clashes today
- Likewise, the proposed implementation of the Property Tax ….
- The Government’s announcement about the new chancellor of the University of the West Indies continues to draw fire from the Opposition
- Former Tertiary Education Minister, Fazal Karim Says Minister Anthony Garcia Has Embarrassed the Nation
- Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar A meeting held by Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar, on Tuesday has revealed, some level o
- former head of the National Operations Centre, Commander Garvin Heerah The volatile situation that presently exists in neighboring Venezuela will ultimately have a bigger
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news