Despite calls from the Law Association of Trinidad and Tobago for the Bail (Amendment) Bill 2015 to be repealed, the government is defending the recent passage of the legislation in the parliament.
In the House of Representatives, 36 Members of Parliament, including those on the Opposition side, voted in favour of the bill.
However, in […]
There has been some dissent from various quarters after statement made by Opposition leader Dr. Keith Rowley.
The PNM Leader has come under fire for statements he made at a Political Meeting in Brazil Village on Tuesday.
The Ethics Committee has labelled the Opposition leader’s comments as ‘racist’ and ‘sexually charged’.
As a signatory of […]
Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar, speaking at Monday’s UNC Forum at the Khanhai Presbyterian School , took a punch at the Opposition once again, this time reviewing sentiments uttered by the Opposing side on the issue of no confidence motions. She said if the Opposition’s rationale was correct, the government sat in a winning position […]
Venezuela’s President Nicolás Maduro met with T&T’s Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar in Trinidad today in what was an official one day working visit by the Venezuelan leader.
Bilateral discussions on a number of areas of mutual interest including energy, air services and tourism, fisheries, security, consular issues, hemispheric and multilateral issues, were held, resulting […]
A tough task ahead. This is how former National Security Minister, Gary Griffith, describes the way forward for his successor, former Brigadier General Carl Alfonso.
Mr. Griffith is one of several ministers who were axed from the cabinet in an address to the nation by Prime Minister, Kamla Persad Bissessar, at the Diplomatic Center, St. […]
- Attorney Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj criticises disciplinary action against John Jeremie by Gov’t
- Lifeguards raise concerns on working conditions
- OWTU takes to Sangre-Grande in lead up to August 4th’s major march
- Ayers-Caesar initiates legal action against JLSC
- Supplementary funds requested by Guyana’s Finance Minister following prison fire
- Ministry of Education to ensure retired educational professionals receive benefits in 3 months time
- Duke accuses Transport Minister of telling untruths
- Cabo star set to make its trial run
- Fish vendors call on San Fernando MP Faris-Al-Rawi to intervene and address their issues
- IWRN appeals to parents and guardians to ensure the safety of their children
- Former Attorney-General Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj is criticising what he says is an attack to the rule of law, as it pertains to a move by the Government to initiate disci
- Life Guards are voicing concern about what they described as the poor condition of the towers built for them at the popular Maracas and Las Cuevas beaches. The ma
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news