Despite calls from the Law Association of Trinidad and Tobago for the Bail (Amendment) Bill 2015 to be repealed, the government is defending the recent passage of the legislation in the parliament.
In the House of Representatives, 36 Members of Parliament, including those on the Opposition side, voted in favour of the bill.
However, in […]
Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar, speaking at Monday’s UNC Forum at the Khanhai Presbyterian School , took a punch at the Opposition once again, this time reviewing sentiments uttered by the Opposing side on the issue of no confidence motions. She said if the Opposition’s rationale was correct, the government sat in a winning position […]
The leader of the Opposition Dr. Keith Rowley has responded to the Prime Minister’s announcement that she asked the Leader of Government Business Dr. Roodilal Moonilal to file a motion of ‘no confidence’ against the him.
He was speaking at a media conference at the office of the Opposition Leader.
He revealed the preliminary research […]
Police social and Welfare Association President, Inspector Anand Ramesar this afternoon disclosed that negotiations between the association and the Chief Personnel Officer, have broken down.
He spoke with News Power Now in an interview this afternoon.
Inspector Ramesar called on the Prime Minister to intervene in the matter, to avoid further […]
Prime Minister Kamla Persad- Bissesser assured party supporters that the date for General elections
would be announced soon.
She was speaking at the resumption of the UNC’s Monday Night Forum which was held at the Brazil Secondary School in the La Horquetta/Talparo constituency.
She criticized the Opposition People’s National Movement and its Political Leader Dr. […]
- One economist is saying that Trinidad and Tobago should be very concerned with the recent Moody’s downgrade
- Member of Parliament for Oropouche West says Moody’s downgrade on the T&T economy shows Government’s inefficiencies
- Property Tax remains a topic of discontent says MP for St. Augustine Prakash Ramadar
- Questions arise on what plans are in place should unrest in Venezuela country affect T&T
- The Opposition says they will continue in non support of the implementation of the Property Tax
- A smooth re-opening of the new school term is the assessment being given by the Ministry of Education
- Why name a stand at Brian Lara Stadium after Sachin Tendulkar
- TT fall out top three in world relays
- TT women, windies men look to save face in respective cricket clashes today
- Likewise, the proposed implementation of the Property Tax ….
- One economist is saying that Trinidad and Tobago should be very concerned with the recent Moody’s downgradePedestrians pass in front of Standard & Poor’s Financial Services LLC in New York, U.S., on Thursday, July 28, 2011. U.S. stocks slid, dragging the Standard &am
- Member of Parliament for Oropouche West says Moody’s downgrade on the T&T economy shows Government’s inefficienciesMember of Parliament for Oropouche West Mrs. Vidia Gayadeen-Gopeesingh The failure of the PNM Government to effect credible fiscal consolidation, compatible with revenue
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news