Meanwhile President of PETROTRIN Fitzroy Harewood has stated that talks are continuing between the Company and the Union this morning.
He says that presently all parties are on a break from the meetings at this time.
In a televised interview this morning he revealed that the meeting has been ongoing for some time.
He stated that the Minister of Labour has been there for the duration, and praised the Government for their obvious commitment to doing everything possible to resolve the issue.
The Oilfield Workers Trade Union says it is being provoked into striking by the Finance Minister.
the strike at Petrotrin is scheduled to commence this morning.
Speaking with reporters prior to a meeting with the labour minister and Petrotrin yesterday, OWTU President General Ancel Roget said the union has put forward a proposal that it thinks is reasonable to all.
However, Mr Roget expressed the view that the finance minister is not taking the matter seriously.
He said the strike will cost Petrotrin more money than if if agrees to increased wages.
- Over 100 schools meet to discuss urgent issues such as discipline and supervision
- Trinidadian nationals in London said to be safe following terror attack
- Port Authority says sea transportation issues to be resolved soon
- Police Complaints Authority says illegal wrecking of vehicles has been ongoing
- The Prime Minister requests report from Sports Minister on recent Tobago trip
- Tourism Association President says not enough being done to market Trinidad
- Sport Minister says allegations against him are an attempt to get him out of office
- Tobago records another murder
- Attorney at law Om Lalla says Finance Minister trying to get around court ruling
- PSA General Secretary promises ideal industrial relations climate if elected President
- Education Minister, Anthony Garcia The Education Ministry reveals that over one hundred of the one hundred and twenty-five secondary schools’ principals heeded a call b
- London terror attack This country’s High Commission in London confirms that all nationals within the diaspora who are registered with it are safe following the terror a
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news