Meanwhile President of PETROTRIN Fitzroy Harewood has stated that talks are continuing between the Company and the Union this morning.
He says that presently all parties are on a break from the meetings at this time.
In a televised interview this morning he revealed that the meeting has been ongoing for some time.
He stated that the Minister of Labour has been there for the duration, and praised the Government for their obvious commitment to doing everything possible to resolve the issue.
The Oilfield Workers Trade Union says it is being provoked into striking by the Finance Minister.
the strike at Petrotrin is scheduled to commence this morning.
Speaking with reporters prior to a meeting with the labour minister and Petrotrin yesterday, OWTU President General Ancel Roget said the union has put forward a proposal that it thinks is reasonable to all.
However, Mr Roget expressed the view that the finance minister is not taking the matter seriously.
He said the strike will cost Petrotrin more money than if if agrees to increased wages.
- Intensified Corporation for Regional Security Discussed by Heads, in Recent Meeting on Crime.
- West Indies target 470 deficit in pink-ball Test against England
- Vincent Cabrera Tells GML Workers To Band Together and Demand Job Security after 31 More Are Dismissed.
- Active Hurricane Season It Is. More Active Than Previous Seasons, Says MET Head.
- A Must See. Ladies, Call Up Your Girlfriends. We’re Heading Out!
- IT’S FRIDAY!!!! Want A Cocktail? Here’s What You Need.
- NOTE: Caribbean Airlines Reschedules Flights
- 12-Year-Old Charged with Manslaughter. His 18- Year- Old Brother Is Charged With Murder.
- Concerns Raised Over Conditions at Blind Welfare Office in San Fernando
- Government Heads To Court on Ayers-Caesars’ Part Heard Matters.
- Intensifying cooperation regarding regional security was the focus of discussions on Friday morning when the Minister of National Security Major General (Ret’d) the Ho
- Keiron Pollard Second day of the fifth ever day-night pink-ball match in Test cricket history closed with West Indies on 44 for the loss of opener Kraigg Braithwaite for
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news