Meanwhile President of PETROTRIN Fitzroy Harewood has stated that talks are continuing between the Company and the Union this morning.
He says that presently all parties are on a break from the meetings at this time.
In a televised interview this morning he revealed that the meeting has been ongoing for some time.
He stated that the Minister of Labour has been there for the duration, and praised the Government for their obvious commitment to doing everything possible to resolve the issue.
The Oilfield Workers Trade Union says it is being provoked into striking by the Finance Minister.
the strike at Petrotrin is scheduled to commence this morning.
Speaking with reporters prior to a meeting with the labour minister and Petrotrin yesterday, OWTU President General Ancel Roget said the union has put forward a proposal that it thinks is reasonable to all.
However, Mr Roget expressed the view that the finance minister is not taking the matter seriously.
He said the strike will cost Petrotrin more money than if if agrees to increased wages.
- Property Tax remains a topic of discontent says MP for St. Augustine Prakash Ramadar
- Questions arise on what plans are in place should unrest in Venezuela country affect T&T
- The Opposition says they will continue in non support of the implementation of the Property Tax
- A smooth re-opening of the new school term is the assessment being given by the Ministry of Education
- Why name a stand at Brian Lara Stadium after Sachin Tendulkar
- TT fall out top three in world relays
- TT women, windies men look to save face in respective cricket clashes today
- Likewise, the proposed implementation of the Property Tax ….
- The Government’s announcement about the new chancellor of the University of the West Indies continues to draw fire from the Opposition
- Former Tertiary Education Minister, Fazal Karim Says Minister Anthony Garcia Has Embarrassed the Nation
- Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar A meeting held by Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar, on Tuesday has revealed, some level o
- former head of the National Operations Centre, Commander Garvin Heerah The volatile situation that presently exists in neighboring Venezuela will ultimately have a bigger
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news