NEW – TEMPORARY TRAFFIC ARRANGEMENT TO THE SOLOMON HOCHOY HIGHWAY – GOLCONDA INTERSECTION
The Ministry of Works and Infrastructure wishes to advise the general public that there will be a further adjustment to the flow of traffic at the end of the Solomon Hochoy Highway (SHH) at Golconda, starting from Saturday 17th August 2013 and continuing.
This adjustment is to facilitate construction works on the proposed Golconda Interchange which is part of the Solomon Hochoy Highway Extension to Point Fortin Project.
In light of the above, a circulatory traffic system will be in effect according to the map below and the public is advised of the following:
• Road users traveling south on the SHH and wanting to go west should turn left onto the detour Ramp-1 then right unto diversion Ramp-2 and access the Golconda Link Road via diversion Ramp-3.
• Road users travelling east on the Golconda Link Road and wanting to access the north-bound lane of the Solomon Hochoy Highway should do so via Ramp-4.
• Road users proceeding east on the Golconda Link Road and wanting to continue east should turn north onto diversion Ramp-4, then south unto detour Ramp-1 and then back onto the Golconda Link Road.
• Road users travelling west on the Golconda Link Road and wishing to access the north-bound lane of the (SHH) should turn left onto diversion Ramp-2, then onto diversion Ramp-3 and access the (SHH) via diversion Ramp-4.
Motorists are also advised as follows:
• Proceed with caution and observe all directional signs.
• Comply with instructions from Police Oﬃcers on site to facilitate the flow of traffic in an orderly manner.
• Be aware of on-going construction works and heavy equipment operating at this location.
The Ministry of Works and Infrastructure/NIDCO regrets the inconvenience caused and wishes to advise that all motorists adhere to this notice. Please see newspapers for a detailed map.