The Anglican church which comprises about over 71,000 worshippers are now going to conduct a series of emergency meeting in light of reports of alleged death threats against Christians by the Islamic State.
The sudden scare was brought on by national, Shane Crawford who was featured in an ISIS propaganda publication, calling on supporters to destroy Christian disbelievers.
Crawford, who was detained during the 2011 State of Emergency, also appears to confirm that former Prime Minister Kamla Persad- Bissessar was a target, saying it would have been “an honour” to attempt the assassination.
Bishop Claude Berkley said the statutory meetings are needed to ensure that intense and serious discussions rapidly change the security landscape.
Berkley said they will have to examine all of the reports and take the necessary steps to safe guard the lives of innocent citizens.
Berkley said a church is a place of care and we have to guarantee this kind of environment.
- Property Tax remains a topic of discontent says MP for St. Augustine Prakash Ramadar
- Questions arise on what plans are in place should unrest in Venezuela country affect T&T
- The Opposition says they will continue in non support of the implementation of the Property Tax
- A smooth re-opening of the new school term is the assessment being given by the Ministry of Education
- Why name a stand at Brian Lara Stadium after Sachin Tendulkar
- TT fall out top three in world relays
- TT women, windies men look to save face in respective cricket clashes today
- Likewise, the proposed implementation of the Property Tax ….
- The Government’s announcement about the new chancellor of the University of the West Indies continues to draw fire from the Opposition
- Former Tertiary Education Minister, Fazal Karim Says Minister Anthony Garcia Has Embarrassed the Nation
- Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar A meeting held by Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar, on Tuesday has revealed, some level o
- former head of the National Operations Centre, Commander Garvin Heerah The volatile situation that presently exists in neighboring Venezuela will ultimately have a bigger
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news