Speaking on the issue this morning on the Power Breakfast show, Nigel Baptiste Vice President of the Bankers Association said the association is troubled with what they say is the Opposition stalling to have the legislation passed in Parliament.
Baptiste in response to Dr. Bhoendradatt Tewarie statement that the legislation would be passed on February 23rd asked why it was not done at the last Joint Select Committee.
Baptiste said opposition members are aiming at laying blame on the association, when the key focus is to ensure that FATCA is dealt with.
Nigel Baptiste Vice President of the Bankers Association
- One economist is saying that Trinidad and Tobago should be very concerned with the recent Moody’s downgrade
- Member of Parliament for Oropouche West says Moody’s downgrade on the T&T economy shows Government’s inefficiencies
- Property Tax remains a topic of discontent says MP for St. Augustine Prakash Ramadar
- Questions arise on what plans are in place should unrest in Venezuela country affect T&T
- The Opposition says they will continue in non support of the implementation of the Property Tax
- A smooth re-opening of the new school term is the assessment being given by the Ministry of Education
- Why name a stand at Brian Lara Stadium after Sachin Tendulkar
- TT fall out top three in world relays
- TT women, windies men look to save face in respective cricket clashes today
- Likewise, the proposed implementation of the Property Tax ….
- One economist is saying that Trinidad and Tobago should be very concerned with the recent Moody’s downgradePedestrians pass in front of Standard & Poor’s Financial Services LLC in New York, U.S., on Thursday, July 28, 2011. U.S. stocks slid, dragging the Standard &am
- Member of Parliament for Oropouche West says Moody’s downgrade on the T&T economy shows Government’s inefficienciesMember of Parliament for Oropouche West Mrs. Vidia Gayadeen-Gopeesingh The failure of the PNM Government to effect credible fiscal consolidation, compatible with revenue
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news