Speaking on the issue this morning on the Power Breakfast show, Nigel Baptiste Vice President of the Bankers Association said the association is troubled with what they say is the Opposition stalling to have the legislation passed in Parliament.
Baptiste in response to Dr. Bhoendradatt Tewarie statement that the legislation would be passed on February 23rd asked why it was not done at the last Joint Select Committee.
Baptiste said opposition members are aiming at laying blame on the association, when the key focus is to ensure that FATCA is dealt with.
Nigel Baptiste Vice President of the Bankers Association
- Carnival Results 2017
- St Vincent born calypsonian Lornette “Fya Empress” fires back at TUCO
- In spite of the long career Calypso Rose has no plans to bow out of the musical arena
- Football away focus while horse racing is all at home – today
- Bravo has tweet and cricketing future in his hands, regional boss says
- US Muslim community campaigns to repair Jewish cemetery
- Former National Security Minister says Government must properly communicate the truth to US President Donald Trump
- Tourism Minister says she is expecting a bumper Carnival season 2017
- Calypsonian Lady Gypsy’s fate for a spot in the Calypso Monarch is still uncertain
- President of the Route Two Maxi Taxi Association calls for more security at City Gate after Carnival fetes
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news