The Education Ministry is today denying claims made by Behaviour Change Consultant Franklyn Dolly that suggests that the Ministry’s handling of children with behavioral challenges is not efficient.
Dolly was quoted in the media as saying that steps must immediately be taken to address how children with behavioural challenges are dealt with in the school system as failure to do so will result in schools continuing to breed “criminals.”
Insinuating that children with problems do not receive the help they need, he said that a school councilor may come into a school every two weeks to conduct a 40-minute session with a child.
The child is then sent back to the classroom.
The Ministry in a release however denied the claims noting that there are guidance counselors and officers at every secondary school throughout the seven Education Districts.
It said additionally, students with concerns have the benefit of specialized intervention through the multi-disciplinary team that includes (Guidance School Social Workers, Special Education Instructors, Clinical Psychologists and Behavioral Specialists).
The release also noted that Student Support Services Personnel provide a multi-disciplinary approach to treat with psycho-social, psycho-educational and psychological barriers to learning.
- FULL Interview with Gary Griffith
- Anil Roberts dismisses hotel room video allegations against him as bacchanal
- Met office dispels rumours of tropical storm threat for T&T
- Gov’t promises clean up action in South and Central following storm passage
- $25mill relief fund established following Tropical Storm Bret
- POS General Hospital workers protest food supply and equipment shortage
- POS General Hospital staff protest poor working conditions and lack of food in kitchen area
- South clean up continues following severe flooding
- The Anil Roberts Interview -The Pursuit of Truth
- Food price hike and poorer quality produce is unavoidable following Tropical Storm
- Following the highly anticipated Interview yesterday with former Minister of Sports Anil Roberts, The Power Breakfast Crew wanted to get some additional answers from anot
- Anil Roberts being Interviewed by Tony Fraser In our continuing coverage of today’s explosive interview with former Sports Minister Anil Roberts, he continued today to
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news