1. To prohibit or restrict the possession or use of by any person of any specified articles;
2. To impose on any person any restrictions in respect of his employment or business, place of residence, of his association or communication with other persons;
3. To prohibit any person from being out of doors between 9:00 pm to 5:00 am, except under the authority of a written permit;
4. To require any person to notify his movements in such manner, at such times and to such authority or person as may be specified;
5. To prohibit any person from travelling except in accordance with permission given to him by the police; and
6. To require any person to quit any place or area or not to visit any place or area.
7. To grant permission to hold or take part in any public march or in any public meeting.
8. To grant permission to enter a protected place (a protected place is one so specified by the Commissioner of Police by notice)
9. To stop and search any person whom he finds in any street or other public place and reasonably suspects of having any firearm, ammunition or explosive in his possession or of having committed or being about to commit any other offence prejudicial to public safety or order, and to seize any such any firearm, ammunition or explosive in his possession.
10. To grant permission to any person to make use of any instrument for the amplification of sound in any public place or in any vehicle
11. Without a warrant and with or without assistance and with the use of force, if necessary, enter and search any premises if he suspects that any evidence of the commission of an offence is likely to be found on such premises, vessel, vehicle or individual and may seize any evidence so found
12. Without a warrant and with or without assistance and with the use of force, if necessary, stop and search any vessel, vehicle or individual, whether in a public place or not, if he suspects that any evidence of the commission of an offence against is likely to be found on such premises, vessel, vehicle or individual and may seize any evidence so found
13. Arrest without warrant any person who he suspects has acted or is acting or is about to act in a manner prejudicial to public safety or to public order or to have committed or is committing or is about to commit an offence against the Regulations
14. Take such steps and use such force as may appear to him to be necessary for affecting the arrest or preventing the escape of a person
15. Stop and search any vehicle.
A member of the Defence Force shall –
1. If called upon by the Commissioner of Police, co-operate with and assist, the Police in the performance of their duties under these Regulations.
2. For all the purposes of these Regulations, have the powers of a police officer.
3. Is deemed to be acting in performance of the duties imposed on a police officer by these Regulations