The National Primary School Principals Association has made several recommendations to further reduce indiscipline at schools, among them a reduction in lunch and recess hours.
This was revealed following a media conference between executives at the Ministry of Education and the NAPSPA at the Education Towers yesterday.
Minister Anthony Garcia acknowledged the proposal but said it could not be implemented without proper consultation.
There was the suggestion to reduce the amount of time primary school students spend outside of classrooms to reduce violence on the compound. NAPSPA President Cogland Griffith said this can occur with a shortened lunch hour as students will be able to receive further supervision.
Griffith said it was also included in the proposal that schools be dismissed early to allow community programmes to take place in order to provide extracurricular activities for students.
Meanwhile President of the National Primary Schools Principals’ Association Cogland Griffith believes that recommendations to the Ministry of Education that were made by the Association must be taken into context.
He says that the suggestion of a shortened lunch and recess time to combat violence in schools was isolated and highlighted by the media.
Speaking with News Power Now this morning he emphasized that it was only a suggestion and should not be taken out of context.
He said that the proposal should not be isolated because there were a lot of issues to take into consideration before anything could be done.
- Property Tax remains a topic of discontent says MP for St. Augustine Prakash Ramadar
- Questions arise on what plans are in place should unrest in Venezuela country affect T&T
- The Opposition says they will continue in non support of the implementation of the Property Tax
- A smooth re-opening of the new school term is the assessment being given by the Ministry of Education
- Why name a stand at Brian Lara Stadium after Sachin Tendulkar
- TT fall out top three in world relays
- TT women, windies men look to save face in respective cricket clashes today
- Likewise, the proposed implementation of the Property Tax ….
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news