The National Primary School Principals Association has made several recommendations to further reduce indiscipline at schools, among them a reduction in lunch and recess hours.
This was revealed following a media conference between executives at the Ministry of Education and the NAPSPA at the Education Towers yesterday.
Minister Anthony Garcia acknowledged the proposal but said it could not be implemented without proper consultation.
There was the suggestion to reduce the amount of time primary school students spend outside of classrooms to reduce violence on the compound. NAPSPA President Cogland Griffith said this can occur with a shortened lunch hour as students will be able to receive further supervision.
Griffith said it was also included in the proposal that schools be dismissed early to allow community programmes to take place in order to provide extracurricular activities for students.
Meanwhile President of the National Primary Schools Principals’ Association Cogland Griffith believes that recommendations to the Ministry of Education that were made by the Association must be taken into context.
He says that the suggestion of a shortened lunch and recess time to combat violence in schools was isolated and highlighted by the media.
Speaking with News Power Now this morning he emphasized that it was only a suggestion and should not be taken out of context.
He said that the proposal should not be isolated because there were a lot of issues to take into consideration before anything could be done.
- Miss Universe T&T, Crowned. Naps Alumni, Port of Spain Resident Ready to Represent.
- Opposition Leader Says Government Should Be Doing More. Tours Areas Affected by Severe Flooding.
- RC Archbishop Speaks Out. Social Media Violence Involving Youths, Sounds Alarm.
- Areas of Sangre Grande Feel The Brunt of Inclement Weather. Livestock, Appliances, Crops Damaged.
- Members Club Association To Meet with Ministry of Finance Official on The Way Forward.
- Wild Meat Seizure from Meat Peddlers Triggers Health Concerns. Minister Speaks Out.
- Crime Report Delivered. NOW WHAT? Criminologist Urges Action and Enforcement.
- Over 40? No Problem. T&T Designer, Afiya’s Got The Perfect Advice to Boost Your Confidence Using Fashion.
- Port-of-Spain Welcomes New Catholic Archbishop, Hailing from Barbados.
- Soca Mom and Wife, Fay-Ann Lyons Enters Mas Arena. Delivers Atlanta for C2K18.
- Last evening, a new queen was crowned in Trinidad and Tobago. Yvonne Clarke, who hails from the city of San Fernando, walked away with the title of Miss Universe Trinidad
- Opposition Leader, Kamla Persad Bissessar today toured areas affected by flooding. She met with residents and spoke with reporters on the situation. In a statement to the
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Murder news News Power Now Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar protest Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news