Attorneys representing principal of the Ste Madeleine Secondary School Joy Arjoon-Singh have filed a defamation claim against the Trinidad and Tobago Unified Teacher’s Association (TTUTA) and its President Lynsley Doodhai.
The claim was filed on Tuesday, in which Arjoon-Singh is seeking a public apology from Doodhai, an injunction prohibiting him from making further disparaging remarks against her as well as an unspecified sum in damages.
The legal action comes after comments made by Doodhai regarding alleged financial mismanagement at the school.
Doodhai has been vocal in his condemnation of the principal and has called on Education Minister Anthony Garcia to take steps to have her removed from the school.
Two students were suspended and several teachers are now facing disciplinary action over the incident.
Looptt says that in the claim, Arjoon-Singh’s attorneys listed several media reports in the Trinidad Express, Guardian, LoopTT and 103 FM which published comments made by Doodhai against their client.
The comments have injured her reputation and character and have brought her into public scandal and contempt, the claim stated.
Arjoon-Singh is said to have suffered severe mental stress, extreme embarrassment and humiliation as a result of the “consistent, continuous, relentless, false and malicious attack” on her good character and reputation.
The allegations of financial mismanagement made by Doodhai was also addressed in the claim.
- T&T Nationals Are Saying WHAT? Here Are a Few Facts About Dominica…
- Dominicans Welcome to Stay 6 Months in T&T, Says PM Rowley.
- Stephen Cadiz – Former Transport Minister says Ocean Flower 2 Presence Locally, an Embarrassment.
- 15 Dead, 20 Missing As Reality Sets In Following Maria’s Passage in Dominica.
- Children Trapped Under Mexico Rubble. Time Running Out.
- Desal Plant Shut Down Scheduled for Next Week. WASA Says Everyone Will Be Affected.
- No. The Ocean Flower 2 Is Not Operational on T&T’s Sea bridge. It’s DryDocked says Ministry.
- BE EARTHQUAKE READY: Here’s How You Can Survive An Earthquake.
- Dead Shop Keeper’s Son Said She Was Very Concerned About Crime Surge In The Area.
- Off Duty Cop Shoots Bandits. One Dead, The Other Wounded.
- Dominica has been devastated by the effects of the recent passage of Hurricane Maria. Trinidad and tobago’s Prime Minister, Dr. Keith Rowley has extended a helping
- This country is opening its arms to residents of Dominica who’ve been affected after the catastrophic Hurricane Maria made landfall earlier this week, ravaging the
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news