Attorneys representing principal of the Ste Madeleine Secondary School Joy Arjoon-Singh have filed a defamation claim against the Trinidad and Tobago Unified Teacher’s Association (TTUTA) and its President Lynsley Doodhai.
The claim was filed on Tuesday, in which Arjoon-Singh is seeking a public apology from Doodhai, an injunction prohibiting him from making further disparaging remarks against her as well as an unspecified sum in damages.
The legal action comes after comments made by Doodhai regarding alleged financial mismanagement at the school.
Doodhai has been vocal in his condemnation of the principal and has called on Education Minister Anthony Garcia to take steps to have her removed from the school.
Two students were suspended and several teachers are now facing disciplinary action over the incident.
Looptt says that in the claim, Arjoon-Singh’s attorneys listed several media reports in the Trinidad Express, Guardian, LoopTT and 103 FM which published comments made by Doodhai against their client.
The comments have injured her reputation and character and have brought her into public scandal and contempt, the claim stated.
Arjoon-Singh is said to have suffered severe mental stress, extreme embarrassment and humiliation as a result of the “consistent, continuous, relentless, false and malicious attack” on her good character and reputation.
The allegations of financial mismanagement made by Doodhai was also addressed in the claim.
- Property Tax remains a topic of discontent says MP for St. Augustine Prakash Ramadar
- Questions arise on what plans are in place should unrest in Venezuela country affect T&T
- The Opposition says they will continue in non support of the implementation of the Property Tax
- A smooth re-opening of the new school term is the assessment being given by the Ministry of Education
- Why name a stand at Brian Lara Stadium after Sachin Tendulkar
- TT fall out top three in world relays
- TT women, windies men look to save face in respective cricket clashes today
- Likewise, the proposed implementation of the Property Tax ….
- The Government’s announcement about the new chancellor of the University of the West Indies continues to draw fire from the Opposition
- Former Tertiary Education Minister, Fazal Karim Says Minister Anthony Garcia Has Embarrassed the Nation
- Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar A meeting held by Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar, on Tuesday has revealed, some level o
- former head of the National Operations Centre, Commander Garvin Heerah The volatile situation that presently exists in neighboring Venezuela will ultimately have a bigger
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news