A threat of strike action by the Public Services Association is taking center stage today.
President of the PSA Watson Duke is today telling the Government that they must pay public servants or face dire consequences.
He said that PSA members have been patient enough.
However he maintains that they have done so in vain.
Speaking on the Morning Brew this morning he said that enough is enough and its time for their Government to honor its promises and pay up.
The PSA President revealed the Government has been given an ultimatum to pay up by next Tuesday or else.
Workers were already paid the first tranche in 2016, however Mr. Duke says that many workers are still owed outstanding monies.
Mr. Duke says that it is concerning that other unions have received monies already for 2017, however there has been no dialogue with the PSA.
- Miller grinds TT Red Force to defeat yet again in regional cricket clash
- TT Hockey men fire past Swiss in World League action in Tacarigua
- There is concern over what has been described as fear by residents in the Enterprise area
- Prison authorities are today ensuring the public that all is being done to maintain law and order in the prisons
- Reports that residents in Enterprise are afraid to leave their homes surface this morning
- TT cricket and football teams looking to bite the bug of defeat
- TT’s Dylan Carter brilliant in USA’s Collegiate Swimming Championships
- Court rules against TTFA in broadcast rights issue
- Former Senator and Founding Member of the Alliance of Independents is today saying that while there are a number of factors that contribute to criminal violence it starts at schools
- Former Head of the Police Central Division Senior Superintendent Johnny Abraham says protocols must be followed by the TTPS when a missing persons report is made
- Enterprise gang leader Selwyn “Robocop” Alexis There is concern over what has been described as fear by residents in the Enterprise area after shootings that occurred
- Prison authorities are today ensuring the public that all is being done to maintain law and order in the prisonsThis follows a stabbing incident that occurred on Saturday at a Maximum Security Prison in Arouca. An altercation between two remanded inmates during an airing exercise a
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news