The Children’s Authority of Trinidad and Tobago has ordered the Family First Foundation for Children to cease operations. News of this came via media release issued by the Authority. The children’s home which cares for the orphaned is located at Calder Hall in Tobago. The Children’s Authority ha been monitoring the home’s standard of care for the children, for several months, according to the media release.
The Authority has since issued a warning to the home’s manager indicating that she is not authorized to receive any children into her care a this time, and failure to comply will lead to the initiation of legal proceedings.
“The Authority is collaborating with social workers attached to the Tobago House of Assembly, Department of Health, Wellness and Family Development to ensure the safety of the children who resided at the Home. The Authority is legally mandated to license and monitor all children’s homes in Trinidad and Tobago,” the release stated.
Last Friday, fire destroyed parts of the Home’s building and the children were relocated, the Authority stated.
- T&T Nationals Are Saying WHAT? Here Are a Few Facts About Dominica…
- Dominicans Welcome to Stay 6 Months in T&T, Says PM Rowley.
- Stephen Cadiz – Former Transport Minister says Ocean Flower 2 Presence Locally, an Embarrassment.
- 15 Dead, 20 Missing As Reality Sets In Following Maria’s Passage in Dominica.
- Children Trapped Under Mexico Rubble. Time Running Out.
- Desal Plant Shut Down Scheduled for Next Week. WASA Says Everyone Will Be Affected.
- No. The Ocean Flower 2 Is Not Operational on T&T’s Sea bridge. It’s DryDocked says Ministry.
- BE EARTHQUAKE READY: Here’s How You Can Survive An Earthquake.
- Dead Shop Keeper’s Son Said She Was Very Concerned About Crime Surge In The Area.
- Off Duty Cop Shoots Bandits. One Dead, The Other Wounded.
- Dominica has been devastated by the effects of the recent passage of Hurricane Maria. Trinidad and tobago’s Prime Minister, Dr. Keith Rowley has extended a helping
- This country is opening its arms to residents of Dominica who’ve been affected after the catastrophic Hurricane Maria made landfall earlier this week, ravaging the
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news