Chief of the Tobago House of Assembly, Orville London has expressed concern over the recent cabinet reshuffle during a media conference at the Administrative Complex in Calder Hall, Scarborough, on Tuesday.
The THA head said the government should call an early election in light of four cabinet reshuffles with the five years that the party has been in power.
London said it is likely the Prime Minister will call elections when the People’s Partnership feels its chances have improved from its current low.
Former National Security Minister Gary Griffith was fired after being named by West as a witness when David West reported the matter to police.
Emmanuel George (Ministry of Justice) and Embau Moheni (Minister in the Ministry of Justice) were stripped of their portfolios, while Minister in the Ministry of Works and Infrastructure Stacy Roopnarine was reassigned, and Senate President Timothy Hamel-Smith also got the axe.
- Chinese national and business owner robbed and shot dead
- Islamic Front President says social distress fuelling crime spree in T&T
- The Congress of the People (COP) is not dead
- Opposition determined to set record straight on Friday’s Parliament walkout
- Temporary traffic disruption at Camden Road, Couva
- A community is in shock as double homicide rocks Malabar
- Former Tourism Minister says Bourdain documentary may work in T&T’s favour
- ODPM says T&T is equipped to handle a natural disaster
- Opposition seeks to clears the air on Friday’s Parliament walkout
- POS Mayor says he is not aware of calls for Christopher Columbus statue to be removed
- The Chinese community here in Trinidad has counted another loss as one of its members was shot to death on Tuesday night. Yana Zeng, the owner of N&N Mini Mart, was
- There remains a lack of focus and attention on the elements of social distress plaguing communities in Trinidad and Tobago. This, according to one Islamic Leader, is at
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news