Tributes are pouring in following the passing of business visionary, philanthropist, husband and father, Anthony Norman Sagba who died Wednesday morning.
Prime Minister, Dr Keith Rowley in sending condolences to the family of Mr Sabga reflected on his successful career as an entrepreneur and businessman.
Dr Rowley noted that that Dr Sabga is an example to all of us, of the heights that can be achieved through determination, foresight and an unwavering pursuit of excellence.
Meanwhile, the Trinidad and Tobago Manufacturers’ Association described Mr Sabga was a captain of industry adding that his passing has left a void in the country’s business landscape.
The TTMA said it is proud of his immense contribution to the local manufacturing sector of Trinidad and Tobago.
And Opposition Leader Mrs. Kamla Persad Bissessar said Dr Sabga’s life story is truly inspiring, as he came from humble beginnings and built a business empire over the course of several decades, becoming one of the most successful entrepreneurs in the Caribbean.
Dr Sabga was presented with this county’s highest award, the Order of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, in 2011.
In 1998, he was conferred with an honorary degree of Doctor of Laws by the University of the West Indies, and in 2016 he was presented with the keys to the City of Port of Spain.
- Attorney Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj criticises disciplinary action against John Jeremie by Gov’t
- Lifeguards raise concerns on working conditions
- OWTU takes to Sangre-Grande in lead up to August 4th’s major march
- Ayers-Caesar initiates legal action against JLSC
- Supplementary funds requested by Guyana’s Finance Minister following prison fire
- Ministry of Education to ensure retired educational professionals receive benefits in 3 months time
- Duke accuses Transport Minister of telling untruths
- Cabo star set to make its trial run
- Fish vendors call on San Fernando MP Faris-Al-Rawi to intervene and address their issues
- IWRN appeals to parents and guardians to ensure the safety of their children
- Former Attorney-General Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj is criticising what he says is an attack to the rule of law, as it pertains to a move by the Government to initiate disci
- Life Guards are voicing concern about what they described as the poor condition of the towers built for them at the popular Maracas and Las Cuevas beaches. The ma
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news