Tributes are pouring in following the passing of business visionary, philanthropist, husband and father, Anthony Norman Sagba who died Wednesday morning.
Prime Minister, Dr Keith Rowley in sending condolences to the family of Mr Sabga reflected on his successful career as an entrepreneur and businessman.
Dr Rowley noted that that Dr Sabga is an example to all of us, of the heights that can be achieved through determination, foresight and an unwavering pursuit of excellence.
Meanwhile, the Trinidad and Tobago Manufacturers’ Association described Mr Sabga was a captain of industry adding that his passing has left a void in the country’s business landscape.
The TTMA said it is proud of his immense contribution to the local manufacturing sector of Trinidad and Tobago.
And Opposition Leader Mrs. Kamla Persad Bissessar said Dr Sabga’s life story is truly inspiring, as he came from humble beginnings and built a business empire over the course of several decades, becoming one of the most successful entrepreneurs in the Caribbean.
Dr Sabga was presented with this county’s highest award, the Order of the Republic of Trinidad and Tobago, in 2011.
In 1998, he was conferred with an honorary degree of Doctor of Laws by the University of the West Indies, and in 2016 he was presented with the keys to the City of Port of Spain.
- Illegal vending in Arima being tackled
- OWTU says no to job cuts in economic hardship
- Search continues for missing man at sea
- Contractors Association reports better days
- Tobago prices reportedly increasing following transport woes
- Businessman’s murder raises discussions on accessing licensed firearms
- Truckers & Traders Association President says sea bridge crisis needs Gov’t intervention
- Fiery protests as Morvant residents cry neglect
- National Security Minister says Life Sport responsible for crime fighting challenges today
- Sea transport issues continue, PM says sorry
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news