The House of Representatives reflected on the life and contribution of former government minister Rennie Dumas this afternoon.
Mr Dumas passed away on Sunday morning after a prolonged illness.
He first entered the parliament as an Opposition Senator in 2001 and served the country until the general election of May 2010 when he demitted office.
During that period he served as Minister of State in the Office of the Prime Minister and held the cabinet portfolios of Minister of Public Utilities and the Environment and Minister of Local Government respectively.
Leading off the tribute was Ayana Webster Roy Tobago East Member of Parliament who described Mr Dumas as a down to earth individual and one who was willing to serve others.
Dr Roodal Moonilal MP for Oropouche East reflected on how Mr Dumas was able to relate to persons regardless of which political party they supported.
House Speaker Brigid Annisette George also paid her tribute to Dr Dumas.
- Attorney Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj criticises disciplinary action against John Jeremie by Gov’t
- Lifeguards raise concerns on working conditions
- OWTU takes to Sangre-Grande in lead up to August 4th’s major march
- Ayers-Caesar initiates legal action against JLSC
- Supplementary funds requested by Guyana’s Finance Minister following prison fire
- Ministry of Education to ensure retired educational professionals receive benefits in 3 months time
- Duke accuses Transport Minister of telling untruths
- Cabo star set to make its trial run
- Fish vendors call on San Fernando MP Faris-Al-Rawi to intervene and address their issues
- IWRN appeals to parents and guardians to ensure the safety of their children
- Former Attorney-General Ramesh Lawrence Maharaj is criticising what he says is an attack to the rule of law, as it pertains to a move by the Government to initiate disci
- Life Guards are voicing concern about what they described as the poor condition of the towers built for them at the popular Maracas and Las Cuevas beaches. The ma
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news