The Trinidad and Tobago Transparency Institute (Transparency) issued a release this morning on the exchange between the Director of the Police Complaints Authority and the Attorney General.
The release stated that the Authority was viewing the development with interest and concern.
It revealed that Transparency was aware that the allegations that had been raised against the Attorney General were subject of a police investigation.
It emphasized that no conclusions as to culpability should be drawn at this time.
Transparency noted that there was a presumption of innocence, and that all citizens were entitled to full benefit of due process prior to any censure or condemnation.
It also acknowledged that the allegations involved issues of potential serious criminality.
The release went on to state that Transparency demanded the highest moral rectitude of all holders of public office.
It stated that they must be above any possible reproach at all times.
This included the Attorney General, whose Office was constitutionally enshrined, and who had responsibility for the administration of legal affairs in Trinidad & Tobago.
It said that it considered that unresolved allegations against the Attorney General might permanently tarnish his office.
In an interview with News Power Now this morning Head of Trinidad and Tobago transparency Institute Deryck Murray revealed that the Attorney General needed to demit office while investigations were ongoing.
Head of Trinidad and Tobago transparency Institute Deryck Murray
- Miss Universe T&T, Crowned. Naps Alumni, Port of Spain Resident Ready to Represent.
- Opposition Leader Says Government Should Be Doing More. Tours Areas Affected by Severe Flooding.
- RC Archbishop Speaks Out. Social Media Violence Involving Youths, Sounds Alarm.
- Areas of Sangre Grande Feel The Brunt of Inclement Weather. Livestock, Appliances, Crops Damaged.
- Members Club Association To Meet with Ministry of Finance Official on The Way Forward.
- Wild Meat Seizure from Meat Peddlers Triggers Health Concerns. Minister Speaks Out.
- Crime Report Delivered. NOW WHAT? Criminologist Urges Action and Enforcement.
- Over 40? No Problem. T&T Designer, Afiya’s Got The Perfect Advice to Boost Your Confidence Using Fashion.
- Port-of-Spain Welcomes New Catholic Archbishop, Hailing from Barbados.
- Soca Mom and Wife, Fay-Ann Lyons Enters Mas Arena. Delivers Atlanta for C2K18.
- Last evening, a new queen was crowned in Trinidad and Tobago. Yvonne Clarke, who hails from the city of San Fernando, walked away with the title of Miss Universe Trinidad
- Opposition Leader, Kamla Persad Bissessar today toured areas affected by flooding. She met with residents and spoke with reporters on the situation. In a statement to the
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Murder news News Power Now Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar protest Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news