Well the Christmas fever’s beginning to show itself. Your favorite Soca parang music’s gaining momentum and a few artistes are releasing new songs as well, among them, Leon Coldero, who we’ve heard, released two new Soca Parang tracks for the season. More on that in another feature. Well we think it’s time t get that spirit of Christmas churned up. Why not start with a good taste of the season? Here’s a delightful recipe that you can try this year. It’s the traditional Ponch de Creme or as we Trini’s say, ‘Ponch a creme’…
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED:
- 6 BEATEN EGGS
- 2 TEASPOONS GRATED LIME ZEST
- 3 CANS SWEETENED CONDENSE MILK
- 3/4 CUP CANNED EVAPORATED MILK
- 1 1/2 CUPS OF RUM
- 1 TABLESPOON AROMATIC BITTERS
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and lime zest using an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually pour in the condensed milk while continuing to mix, and then pour in the evaporated milk.
- Stir in the rum and bitters, and sprinkle with nutmeg. Transfer to a bottle and chill for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve over crushed ice.
For more recipes, visit www.allrecipes.com