For the period January 1st to June 2017, the Trinidad and Tobago Police Service have reported that there was an 8% reduction in robberies throughout the country as compared to reported cases in 2016.
During the weekly Media police briefing, Public Relations Officer of the TTPS, ASP Ag. Michael Pierre reported that out of the total robberies committed thus far, 370 were committed with a firearm and 56 reported cases were committed using knives and cutlasses and 51 cases committed using physical force.
The Trinidad and Tobago Police Service in their quest to ensure that citizens are safe are advising individuals to adhere to the following guidelines.
In the event you are a victim of a robbery it advised that you not panic, but stay calm and take several deep breaths, obey the robber’s instructions and hand over your valuables; as material items can be replaced.
Be alert at all times and be mindful of your surroundings.
And finally pay close attention to distinguishing characteristics, such as scars, marks, tattoos and accents.
If someone acts suspiciously, looks at you closely or follows you, the TTPS is advising that you head for bright lights or a populated area and call the police.
- FULL Interview with Gary Griffith
- Anil Roberts dismisses hotel room video allegations against him as bacchanal
- Met office dispels rumours of tropical storm threat for T&T
- Gov’t promises clean up action in South and Central following storm passage
- $25mill relief fund established following Tropical Storm Bret
- POS General Hospital workers protest food supply and equipment shortage
- POS General Hospital staff protest poor working conditions and lack of food in kitchen area
- South clean up continues following severe flooding
- The Anil Roberts Interview -The Pursuit of Truth
- Food price hike and poorer quality produce is unavoidable following Tropical Storm
- Following the highly anticipated Interview yesterday with former Minister of Sports Anil Roberts, The Power Breakfast Crew wanted to get some additional answers from anot
- Anil Roberts being Interviewed by Tony Fraser In our continuing coverage of today’s explosive interview with former Sports Minister Anil Roberts, he continued today to
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news