Trinidad and Tobago’s West Indian spinner Samuel Badree is expected to hand the Brisbane Heat a much-welcomed boost ahead of the Big Bash League (BBL) final with a return to full fitness.
Badree has been sidelined for the last two weeks after suffering a grade one hamstring tear in the team’s three-wicket loss to the Sydney Sixers three weeks ago.
The spinner missed a total of three matches, two important top-of-the-table clashes with Perth Scorchers and Monday night’s seven-wicket win over the Melbourne Stars which landed the Heat top spot on the eight-team table and assured of making the playoff final.
Badree was replaced by left-arm quick Tymal Mills . The 35-year-old Trinidadian who has enjoyed rankings as number one T20 bowler in world cricket, has tken just four wickets to date but remains a first-choice call-up once fit.
Badree will be put through his paces at the Heat’s main training session tomorrow ahead of the sold-out clash the following evening against a Renegades line-up who must win to have any hope of experiencing finals action.
Injury has cut short the play for Badree’s fellow Trinidadian Dwayne Bravo as well as Jamaican all-round sensation Andre Russell.
Badree’s fellow TT and West Indies spinner Sunil Narine, like Bravo, a member of the Melbourne Renegades squad, has remained fit, counting 11 wickets so far but with his team unlikely for the playoff finals as are the last-placed Adelaide Strikers, the team of another TT player Kieron Pollard.
- Property Tax remains a topic of discontent says MP for St. Augustine Prakash Ramadar
- Questions arise on what plans are in place should unrest in Venezuela country affect T&T
- The Opposition says they will continue in non support of the implementation of the Property Tax
- A smooth re-opening of the new school term is the assessment being given by the Ministry of Education
- Why name a stand at Brian Lara Stadium after Sachin Tendulkar
- TT fall out top three in world relays
- TT women, windies men look to save face in respective cricket clashes today
- Likewise, the proposed implementation of the Property Tax ….
- The Government’s announcement about the new chancellor of the University of the West Indies continues to draw fire from the Opposition
- Former Tertiary Education Minister, Fazal Karim Says Minister Anthony Garcia Has Embarrassed the Nation
- Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar A meeting held by Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar, on Tuesday has revealed, some level o
- former head of the National Operations Centre, Commander Garvin Heerah The volatile situation that presently exists in neighboring Venezuela will ultimately have a bigger
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news