Both were held on Caribbean Airlines flights entering John F. Kennedy Airport in New York.
The first Trinidadian was held with cocaine hidden in frozen goat meat in his suitcase while the other had it concealed in his pants crotch.
According to court documents, on March 20 officers examined a black suitcase and a laptop bag belonging to Yudistir Maharaj.
They found three packages in the suitcase, which contained frozen cooked goat meat.
When X-rayed the packages revealed a square-like object inside of each one.
The officers drilled into the packages and discovered a powdery, white substance, which later tested positive for the presence of cocaine, with a street value of $1.2 million to $1.8 million.
Four days after that incident, another Trinidadian, Alister King, was stopped for a routine search, and appeared nervous.
King was given a full body search and “a bulky item was discovered in his groin area”.
Officers later found three packages containing a white, powdery substance which was later tested and found to be cocaine.
The three packages weighed some 536.9 grammes, just over a kilogramme with a street va¬lue of $400,000 to $600,000.
King told the US authorities he was supposed to be paid 30 per cent of the proceeds after the cocaine was sold.
- Get your umbrellas ready, Met Office declares start of 2016 rainy season.
- Speed Guns along the highways in effect from today!
- Prime Minister reveals that the San Fernando to Point Fortin Highway project has been stopped.
- Minister of Communications assures that Government is committed to creating an environment for Journalists to do their jobs freely..
- No Discussion of Decriminalization of Marijuana.
- Former Works Minister accuses Government with misinformation
- Prime Minister says Government took no decision to decriminalize marijuana
- Prime Minister Debe to Point Fortin Highway under new management
- Health Minister Reveals that there are 21 Confirmed Zika Cases in this Country.
- Citizens can seek a Tax Waiver on current vehicle shipments ahead of May 20 Moratorium on Luxury Vehicle Tax Deadline.
- TUPAK SHAKUR’S MOM AFENI SHAKUR, PASSES AWAY…There is word that the mother of Tupac Shakur has died. Reports state that Afeni Shakur, died late Monday night possibly from a heart attack. The Marin County Sheriff’s Department reportedly revealed that it responded to Afeni’s Sausalito, CA home…Avril Babb
- BIRDMAN GETTING READY TO TURN “RESPEK” INTO NEW HITBirdman is turning a fail into a potential financial success. After the Power 105.1 Breakfast Club interview seen and heard ’round the world spawned memes and catchphrases galore, the Cash Money head honcho is capitalizing off of his new level…Avril Babb
- THE JUNGLE BOOK CONTINUES ITS REIGN AT THE BOX OFFICE“The Jungle Book” pulverized a trio of box office lightweights, racking up $42.4 million to lead ticket sales for the third consecutive weekend. Disney’s live-action adaptation of Rudyard Kipling’s Mowgli stories has made $252.1 million since opening last month. It…Avril Babb
- TUPAK SHAKUR’S MOM AFENI SHAKUR, PASSES AWAY…
- The Meteorological Office has officially declared the start of the 2016 ‘Rainy Season’. In a statement issued by the MET office Meteorologist Shakeer Baig stated that
- Police Officers from today will be along the highways armed and ready with speed guns keeping abreast of motorists driving above the speed limit. Motorist can expect if c
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news