House Speaker, Wade Mark, has ruled that a prima facie case does not exist and as such there is no need for Minister of State in the Ministry of the People and Social Development, Vernella Allyene Toppin, to be sent before the Privileges Committee of Parliament
Recently Chaguanas West Member of Parliament, Jack Warner, speaking during the March 25th debate on the motion of no confidence in the Opposition Leader, said Mrs Alleyne Toppin- the MP for Tobago East, made several unsavory and distasteful statements targeting the PNM Political Leader.
He said the comments which targeted the personal life of Dr. Rowley were an abuse of the privileges of the House and cited the need for the issue to be dealt with.
However, speaking in the House of Representatives this afternoon, Speaker Wade Mark noted that Mrs. Alleyne Toppin did in fact apologize for utterances which may have led to a feeling of unease in some quarters.
House Speaker, Wade Mark
Reporter and Writer- Dennis James
- Intensified Corporation for Regional Security Discussed by Heads, in Recent Meeting on Crime.
- West Indies target 470 deficit in pink-ball Test against England
- Vincent Cabrera Tells GML Workers To Band Together and Demand Job Security after 31 More Are Dismissed.
- Active Hurricane Season It Is. More Active Than Previous Seasons, Says MET Head.
- A Must See. Ladies, Call Up Your Girlfriends. We’re Heading Out!
- IT’S FRIDAY!!!! Want A Cocktail? Here’s What You Need.
- NOTE: Caribbean Airlines Reschedules Flights
- 12-Year-Old Charged with Manslaughter. His 18- Year- Old Brother Is Charged With Murder.
- Concerns Raised Over Conditions at Blind Welfare Office in San Fernando
- Government Heads To Court on Ayers-Caesars’ Part Heard Matters.
- Intensifying cooperation regarding regional security was the focus of discussions on Friday morning when the Minister of National Security Major General (Ret’d) the Ho
- Keiron Pollard Second day of the fifth ever day-night pink-ball match in Test cricket history closed with West Indies on 44 for the loss of opener Kraigg Braithwaite for
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news