House Speaker, Wade Mark, has ruled that a prima facie case does not exist and as such there is no need for Minister of State in the Ministry of the People and Social Development, Vernella Allyene Toppin, to be sent before the Privileges Committee of Parliament
Recently Chaguanas West Member of Parliament, Jack Warner, speaking during the March 25th debate on the motion of no confidence in the Opposition Leader, said Mrs Alleyne Toppin- the MP for Tobago East, made several unsavory and distasteful statements targeting the PNM Political Leader.
He said the comments which targeted the personal life of Dr. Rowley were an abuse of the privileges of the House and cited the need for the issue to be dealt with.
However, speaking in the House of Representatives this afternoon, Speaker Wade Mark noted that Mrs. Alleyne Toppin did in fact apologize for utterances which may have led to a feeling of unease in some quarters.
House Speaker, Wade Mark
Reporter and Writer- Dennis James
- Former Housing Minister questions whether the Housing Development Corporation has any plans of assisting those families it has evicted
- Wade Mark accuses the government of raiding the Heritage and Stabilization Fund
- Body of man found in waters near Hyatt, identified as Tobago native
- The Communication Workers Union says they are not accepting an apology from the Tourism Minister in light of the dismal of TDC workers
- Property Owners be aware, payment of your property taxes must be made priority, this according an auditing firm
- Law Students at UWI St Augustine are protesting a planned move to the campus in Debe….
- One farmers group says they are supporting the decision by government to close the Caroni Greens limited.
- Member of Parliament for Oropouche East says the Government’s decision to shut down the Community Comfort control was highly inconsiderate
- An economist questions government current borrowing, saying it has been deemed “reckless”
- Bolt in race with two other fastest
- Former Housing Minister questions whether the Housing Development Corporation has any plans of assisting those families it has evictedformer Housing Minister Dr Roodal Moonilal Former Housing Minister Dr Roodal Moonilal is questioning whether the Housing Development Corporation has any plans of assistin
- Opposition Senator, Wade Mark Government’s decision last Thursday to make a second withdrawal from the Heritage and Stabilization Fund was described by Opposition Senat
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news