(INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS TIMES) – A video, which has gone viral on Chinese social media, shows a woman giving birth on the street when her water suddenly broke.
The woman was out shopping in Yunfu, Guangdong province of China, on Saturday, according to reports. After the delivery, she can be calmly seen picking up her groceries and the baby.
When her water apparently broke, she kept standing on the street to deliver the baby. She can be seen bending forward in pain in the middle of the street. She delivers the newborn who cries out loudly and anxious people around then call for help. The infant cannot be seen clearly in the video, uploaded by Tunisian and Arab channel Universal Info, that has been blurred apparently due to the graphic content.
Before any medical help or ambulance arrives, onlookers help the new mother with her child, providing her with a chair and a cardboard sheet as her dress was blood-soaked. Shoppers call for an ambulance and nurses, who arrive at the scene shortly after, cut the umbilical cord and provide care for the newborn.
It was not clear whether the woman was anticipating the situation, but from the video, it appeared she did not know how to handle the situation.
However, there were no birth complications and soon after giving birth on the street, she is seen returning home with a bag of groceries on one hand and her baby in the other.
There have been several instances when women have been compelled to deliver babies in a street. While some of them were victims of unfortunate circumstances and were forced to welcome their newborn child on a street, others could not reach the hospital on time.
- T&T Nationals Are Saying WHAT? Here Are a Few Facts About Dominica…
- Dominicans Welcome to Stay 6 Months in T&T, Says PM Rowley.
- Stephen Cadiz – Former Transport Minister says Ocean Flower 2 Presence Locally, an Embarrassment.
- 15 Dead, 20 Missing As Reality Sets In Following Maria’s Passage in Dominica.
- Children Trapped Under Mexico Rubble. Time Running Out.
- Desal Plant Shut Down Scheduled for Next Week. WASA Says Everyone Will Be Affected.
- No. The Ocean Flower 2 Is Not Operational on T&T’s Sea bridge. It’s DryDocked says Ministry.
- BE EARTHQUAKE READY: Here’s How You Can Survive An Earthquake.
- Dead Shop Keeper’s Son Said She Was Very Concerned About Crime Surge In The Area.
- Off Duty Cop Shoots Bandits. One Dead, The Other Wounded.
- Dominica has been devastated by the effects of the recent passage of Hurricane Maria. Trinidad and tobago’s Prime Minister, Dr. Keith Rowley has extended a helping
- This country is opening its arms to residents of Dominica who’ve been affected after the catastrophic Hurricane Maria made landfall earlier this week, ravaging the
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news