He however maintained that he would not resign his seat in the House of Representatives.
Volney in an open letter to UNC General Secretary David Tancoo indicated that he felt that a statement made by Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar in her concession speech meant that she had no use of him in the Government.
On Monday night, following the result of the Chaguanas west bye-election Mrs. Persad-Bissessar said that she was assured of the support of twenty six and possibly twenty seven Members of Parliament.
Volney wrote that since his “unjust dismissal from her government” the Prime Minister has done nothing to re-engage him in Government or the administration of the UNC given that he still remains a member of Parliament.
Volney said that he was approached in April of 2010 by the leadership of the UNC in order to join the struggle for peace, bread and justice in our land.
He added that he felt as though he was only used by the UNC for his integrity.
- Property Tax remains a topic of discontent says MP for St. Augustine Prakash Ramadar
- Questions arise on what plans are in place should unrest in Venezuela country affect T&T
- The Opposition says they will continue in non support of the implementation of the Property Tax
- A smooth re-opening of the new school term is the assessment being given by the Ministry of Education
- Why name a stand at Brian Lara Stadium after Sachin Tendulkar
- TT fall out top three in world relays
- TT women, windies men look to save face in respective cricket clashes today
- Likewise, the proposed implementation of the Property Tax ….
- The Government’s announcement about the new chancellor of the University of the West Indies continues to draw fire from the Opposition
- Former Tertiary Education Minister, Fazal Karim Says Minister Anthony Garcia Has Embarrassed the Nation
- Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar A meeting held by Member of Parliament for St. Augustine, Prakash Ramadhar, on Tuesday has revealed, some level o
- former head of the National Operations Centre, Commander Garvin Heerah The volatile situation that presently exists in neighboring Venezuela will ultimately have a bigger
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news