He however maintained that he would not resign his seat in the House of Representatives.
Volney in an open letter to UNC General Secretary David Tancoo indicated that he felt that a statement made by Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar in her concession speech meant that she had no use of him in the Government.
On Monday night, following the result of the Chaguanas west bye-election Mrs. Persad-Bissessar said that she was assured of the support of twenty six and possibly twenty seven Members of Parliament.
Volney wrote that since his “unjust dismissal from her government” the Prime Minister has done nothing to re-engage him in Government or the administration of the UNC given that he still remains a member of Parliament.
Volney said that he was approached in April of 2010 by the leadership of the UNC in order to join the struggle for peace, bread and justice in our land.
He added that he felt as though he was only used by the UNC for his integrity.
- 12-Year-Old Charged with Manslaughter. His 18- Year- Old Brother Is Charged With Murder.
- Concerns Raised Over Conditions at Blind Welfare Office in San Fernando
- Government Heads To Court on Ayers-Caesars’ Part Heard Matters.
- CWU Union Leader, Joseph Remy Announces His Retirement
- Tertiary Education Institution Director Concerned About Students in Light of Unaccredited Status of School
- Red Eye Outbreak Being Monitored in the Region. TIPS TO AVOID IT INSIDE.
- Potential Tropical Cyclone Upgraded to Tropical Storm Harvey – POSES NO THREAT TO T&T.
- What Embarrassment? For Who? Former Transport Minister Rejects Sentiments That Sea Bridge Fiasco Is An Embarrassment to the PNM
- Nicole Dyer Griffith Weighs In On COP Publicity Boost, Admitting The Optics Don’t Look Good.
- Barbados Better Brace For Potential Tropical Cyclone 9
- Two brothers were charged on Thursday in connection with the murder of 15 -year -old Emmanuel Okera. A 12 -year- old student of Freeport Presbyterian Primary School was
- Despite assurances from the Blind Welfare Association of Trinidad and Tobago about health and safety conditions, the Central Executive of the All Trinidad General Workers
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news