He however maintained that he would not resign his seat in the House of Representatives.
Volney in an open letter to UNC General Secretary David Tancoo indicated that he felt that a statement made by Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar in her concession speech meant that she had no use of him in the Government.
On Monday night, following the result of the Chaguanas west bye-election Mrs. Persad-Bissessar said that she was assured of the support of twenty six and possibly twenty seven Members of Parliament.
Volney wrote that since his “unjust dismissal from her government” the Prime Minister has done nothing to re-engage him in Government or the administration of the UNC given that he still remains a member of Parliament.
Volney said that he was approached in April of 2010 by the leadership of the UNC in order to join the struggle for peace, bread and justice in our land.
He added that he felt as though he was only used by the UNC for his integrity.
- FULL Interview with Gary Griffith
- Anil Roberts dismisses hotel room video allegations against him as bacchanal
- Met office dispels rumours of tropical storm threat for T&T
- Gov’t promises clean up action in South and Central following storm passage
- $25mill relief fund established following Tropical Storm Bret
- POS General Hospital workers protest food supply and equipment shortage
- POS General Hospital staff protest poor working conditions and lack of food in kitchen area
- South clean up continues following severe flooding
- The Anil Roberts Interview -The Pursuit of Truth
- Food price hike and poorer quality produce is unavoidable following Tropical Storm
- Following the highly anticipated Interview yesterday with former Minister of Sports Anil Roberts, The Power Breakfast Crew wanted to get some additional answers from anot
- Anil Roberts being Interviewed by Tony Fraser In our continuing coverage of today’s explosive interview with former Sports Minister Anil Roberts, he continued today to
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news