A peace initiative is being embarked upon today from 1 pm in the Enterprise community. Even amid the fear by some of criminal activity and gang warfare in the area, two Islamic bodies have launched a campaign called, “Trinidad and Tobago We’re Sorry… Be Better Not Bitter.”
President of the Islamic Front, Umar Abdulla spoke with News Power Now on the effort, highlighting that the collaborative groups will distribute pamphlets, water, snacks, toys and flowers to commuters passing through the Community of Enterprise, Chaguanas with the objective to restore faith in the community and to enhance the relationships amongst its citizens and the general public.
He said the Islamic Front and Masjidus Salaam both hope the effort will persuade the general population to view the Enterprise Community differently.
Questioned on the issue of guns and the accessibility of firearms and ammunition in Enterprise, the Islamic leader said the groups would rather not focus on this aspect of things.
The groups will gather at Crown Trace, along the Southern Main road in the vicinity of Gold Fingers.
- Trinbago Knight Riders in clash of Top Two in CPL T20 in St Kitts
- Woodbrook Residents Successfully Challenge POS City Cooperation in Court
- Prime Minister Rowley Not Opposed to Meeting with Trade Unions Tomorrow.
- Corruption at Port Authority Will be Addressed. Springboard Effort for Other Agencies Like WASA.
- Port Authority Announces Delayed Sailings.
- Hiker Found Dead After 3 Day Search.
- Baby’s Body Discovered at Beetham Landfill.
- Police Officer Shot in Morvant by Gunmen Hiding In Bushes.
- PM Says Ferry Acquisition Docs Forwarded to AG. Admits Something Isn’t Right.
- Sea Bridge Uncertainty Prompts Major Concerns. The Prime Minster is Called on To Answer.
- Woodbrook residents were ticketed for garbage placement outside their residences. The impasse between Woodbrook residents and the Port- of -Spain City Corporation over re
- Prime Minister, Dr. Keith Rowley, says he is willing to meet representatives of the labour movement tomorrow for discussions. On August 4th following their mass march an
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news