A female suspect has been arrested in Malaysia in connection with the death of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un’s half-brother.
Local police said that the woman was arrested at the airport in the capital Kuala Lumpur where Kim Jong-nam was targeted in an apparent poisoning on Monday.
She was in possession of a Vietnamese travel document.
Malaysian police say they are looking for “a few” other suspects.
Police said the arrested suspect, who was alone, was identified from CCTV footage taken at the airport. They named her as Doan Thi Huong, 28.
South Korean media have widely reported that two women, said to be North Korean agents, were involved and fled the airport in a taxi, though Malaysian police have not confirmed those details.
- Chinese national and business owner robbed and shot dead
- Islamic Front President says social distress fuelling crime spree in T&T
- The Congress of the People (COP) is not dead
- Opposition determined to set record straight on Friday’s Parliament walkout
- Temporary traffic disruption at Camden Road, Couva
- A community is in shock as double homicide rocks Malabar
- Former Tourism Minister says Bourdain documentary may work in T&T’s favour
- ODPM says T&T is equipped to handle a natural disaster
- Opposition seeks to clears the air on Friday’s Parliament walkout
- POS Mayor says he is not aware of calls for Christopher Columbus statue to be removed
- The Chinese community here in Trinidad has counted another loss as one of its members was shot to death on Tuesday night. Yana Zeng, the owner of N&N Mini Mart, was
- There remains a lack of focus and attention on the elements of social distress plaguing communities in Trinidad and Tobago. This, according to one Islamic Leader, is at
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news