Jamaat al Muslimeen leader, Imam Yasin Abu Bakr is condemning the actions of members of the Islamic faith who are going against its fundamental teaches of peace.
Speaking in an interview with the Power Breakfast Show this morning, the Imam, when asked what he believed to be the reason for Trinidad and Tobago nationals leaving this country to join ISIS, stated that young people often feel disenfranchised and are living without hope and they are the ones who are susceptible to outside influences. He also stated that this was a question for the government to answer.
He admitted that many young people have ulterior motives and misconceptions when joining the Jamaat and tend to carry out nefarious activities believing that they can go on – on the strength of the organization. Bakr is adamant that a proper understanding of the religions and its ideologies will help curb the slate of radicalism.
Unity and acceptance across all religions is paramount to him as he believes that we must be our brother’s keeper.
- Over 100 schools meet to discuss urgent issues such as discipline and supervision
- Trinidadian nationals in London said to be safe following terror attack
- Port Authority says sea transportation issues to be resolved soon
- Police Complaints Authority says illegal wrecking of vehicles has been ongoing
- The Prime Minister requests report from Sports Minister on recent Tobago trip
- Tourism Association President says not enough being done to market Trinidad
- Sport Minister says allegations against him are an attempt to get him out of office
- Tobago records another murder
- Attorney at law Om Lalla says Finance Minister trying to get around court ruling
- PSA General Secretary promises ideal industrial relations climate if elected President
- Education Minister, Anthony Garcia The Education Ministry reveals that over one hundred of the one hundred and twenty-five secondary schools’ principals heeded a call b
- London terror attack This country’s High Commission in London confirms that all nationals within the diaspora who are registered with it are safe following the terror a
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news