Jamaat al Muslimeen leader, Imam Yasin Abu Bakr is condemning the actions of members of the Islamic faith who are going against its fundamental teaches of peace.
Speaking in an interview with the Power Breakfast Show this morning, the Imam, when asked what he believed to be the reason for Trinidad and Tobago nationals leaving this country to join ISIS, stated that young people often feel disenfranchised and are living without hope and they are the ones who are susceptible to outside influences. He also stated that this was a question for the government to answer.
He admitted that many young people have ulterior motives and misconceptions when joining the Jamaat and tend to carry out nefarious activities believing that they can go on – on the strength of the organization. Bakr is adamant that a proper understanding of the religions and its ideologies will help curb the slate of radicalism.
Unity and acceptance across all religions is paramount to him as he believes that we must be our brother’s keeper.
- FULL Interview with Gary Griffith
- Anil Roberts dismisses hotel room video allegations against him as bacchanal
- Met office dispels rumours of tropical storm threat for T&T
- Gov’t promises clean up action in South and Central following storm passage
- $25mill relief fund established following Tropical Storm Bret
- POS General Hospital workers protest food supply and equipment shortage
- POS General Hospital staff protest poor working conditions and lack of food in kitchen area
- South clean up continues following severe flooding
- The Anil Roberts Interview -The Pursuit of Truth
- Food price hike and poorer quality produce is unavoidable following Tropical Storm
- Following the highly anticipated Interview yesterday with former Minister of Sports Anil Roberts, The Power Breakfast Crew wanted to get some additional answers from anot
- Anil Roberts being Interviewed by Tony Fraser In our continuing coverage of today’s explosive interview with former Sports Minister Anil Roberts, he continued today to
Popular TagsAnand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA Watson Duke world news