Jamaat al Muslimeen leader, Imam Yasin Abu Bakr is condemning the actions of members of the Islamic faith who are going against its fundamental teaches of peace.
Speaking in an interview with the Power Breakfast Show this morning, the Imam, when asked what he believed to be the reason for Trinidad and Tobago nationals leaving this country to join ISIS, stated that young people often feel disenfranchised and are living without hope and they are the ones who are susceptible to outside influences. He also stated that this was a question for the government to answer.
He admitted that many young people have ulterior motives and misconceptions when joining the Jamaat and tend to carry out nefarious activities believing that they can go on – on the strength of the organization. Bakr is adamant that a proper understanding of the religions and its ideologies will help curb the slate of radicalism.
Unity and acceptance across all religions is paramount to him as he believes that we must be our brother’s keeper.
- Miller grinds TT Red Force to defeat yet again in regional cricket clash
- TT Hockey men fire past Swiss in World League action in Tacarigua
- There is concern over what has been described as fear by residents in the Enterprise area
- Prison authorities are today ensuring the public that all is being done to maintain law and order in the prisons
- Reports that residents in Enterprise are afraid to leave their homes surface this morning
- TT cricket and football teams looking to bite the bug of defeat
- TT’s Dylan Carter brilliant in USA’s Collegiate Swimming Championships
- Court rules against TTFA in broadcast rights issue
- Former Senator and Founding Member of the Alliance of Independents is today saying that while there are a number of factors that contribute to criminal violence it starts at schools
- Former Head of the Police Central Division Senior Superintendent Johnny Abraham says protocols must be followed by the TTPS when a missing persons report is made
- Enterprise gang leader Selwyn “Robocop” Alexis There is concern over what has been described as fear by residents in the Enterprise area after shootings that occurred
- Prison authorities are today ensuring the public that all is being done to maintain law and order in the prisonsThis follows a stabbing incident that occurred on Saturday at a Maximum Security Prison in Arouca. An altercation between two remanded inmates during an airing exercise a
Popular TagsACCIDENT Anand Ramlogan caribbean news Chaguanas West By-Election COP crime crime news Dr. Keith Rowley Gary Griffith Government Jack Warner Kamla Persad Bissessar Keith Rowley Laventille Ministry Murder news News Power Now oilfield workers Opposition Leader Dr. Keith Rowley Parliament PETROTRIN PNM Police Police investigating police investigations politics PORT OF SPAIN power 102 Prime Prime Minister Prime Minister Kamla Persad Bissessar Radio Vision LTD San Fernando THA Tobago trinidad trinidad and tobago trinidad and tobago news trinidad and tobago police service ttps UNC united national congress WASA world news