The Ministry of Health is advising the population today of two additional confirmed cases of Coronavirus Disease (COVID 19). Now a total of seven persons have tested positive for COVID 19 in Trindad and Tobago.
The Ministry has emphasized that all confirmed cases thus far have been imported. It also states that all required control protocols continue to be implemented across the public health sector to ensure the continued effective management of the COVID 19 health challenge.
Members of the public are reminded that personal protecive measures are the most effective tools against COVID 19.Social distancing is particularly critical at this time given the manner in which the disease is spread.
Social distancing means reducing one’s contact with others. Persons are advised to distance themselves from others particularly those who cough or sneeze. Additionally, kissing, hugging, shaking hands and particularly unnecessary social gatherings are not advised.
Members of the public are also urged to continue adhering to the directions of the medical authorities in doing all that is necessary to safeguard themselves and their families.
HERE ARE SOME NECESSARY TIPS ISSUED BY THE MOH:
Use an alcohol based sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
• Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze.
• Dispose of tissue immediately after using.Cough and sneeze into the crook of your elbow if you do not have a tissue.
• Avoid touching your face.
• Practise social distancing.
• Sanitize hard surfaces as often as possible.
• Avoid close ccontact with people who have flu-like symptoms, and
• Stay at home if you are ill and wash hands with soap and water as often as possible
The release noted that the Health Ministry would continue to provide updated information. It went on to warn the public against sharing unconfirmed, misleading or false information about COVID 19.