Next week Tuesday the Desalination Company of Trinidad and Tobago (Desalcott) will shut down its Desalination Plant at Point Lisas to facilitate maintenance works. WASA says the all nationals across the country will likely be affected and as such, the company is advising citizens to aintain/establish a system of storage over the period of the shutdown and to also manage their water use efficiently by reducing consumption.
The maintenance work will be completed by October 3rd.
WASA says it will implement the following measures in a bid to mitigate the effects of the expected supply shortfall, on its operations.
· Re-distribution of supply from the Caroni and Navet Water Treatment Plants
· Implementation of temporary supply schedules
· Ensure capacity storage at critical service reservoirs
· Increase water trucking capacity
· Special emphasis and arrangements to supply schools, health institutions, homes for aged and other special needs organisations
· Accelerate response to leak repair