Dr. Rowley’s letter dated July 17 stated his commitment to “specifically grant permission to the Integrity Commission to access and investigate all his e-mail accounts whatsoever and where so ever situated”.
The letter also stated that he had written a previous letter, June 6, 2013, in which he had made a similar offer, but was told the President had not yet appointed an Integrity Commission, so no decision had been taken to launch an investigation into the Section 34 e-mails.
Dr. Rowley said he wanted to take the opportunity to repeat the Opposition’s view that this investigation must be conducted by the constitutionally established independent Integrity Commission in a thorough manner, “but with all due alacrity”.
Dr. Rowley had revealed what alleged to be e-mail exchanges among high office holders which pointed to a criminal conspiracy to discredit and harm a journalist, to bug the Director of Public Prosecutions office and to accept payment in relation to the Section 34 affair.
The alleged e-mails were read when Dr. Rowley piloted the no-confidence motion in the Prime Minister and the Government.