The Ministry of Social Development and Family Services says application forms for financial assistance, food support and rental assistance are now available from Police stations throughout the country. These social support measures are targeted at those who are retrenched, terminated or have experienced loss of income.
Since the commencement of this initiative, the preferred method is online applications and submission via email. However, the Ministry says it is aware of the fact that there may be persons who have no access to the internet, or scanning services and so, through collaboration with the TTPS, forms may also be obtained at the following police stations.
· PORT OF SPAIN DIVISION: Belmont Central, St. Clair, Woodbrook, St Barbs;
· WESTERN DIVISION: Carenage, Four Roads, Marava,l St James, West End;
· EASTERN DIVISION: Biche, Manzanilla, Matelot, Matura, Mayaro, Toco, Valencia;
· NORTH EASTERN DIVISION: Blanchisseuse, Barataria, Morvant, Maracas Bay, Santa Cruz, San Juan;
· NORTHERN DIVISION: Arouca, Cumuto, La Horquetta, Malabar, Maloney, Maracas/St Joseph, Piarco, San Raphael, Pinto;
· SOUTHERN DIVISION: Barrackpore, Gasparillo, Marabella, Mon Repos, Moruga, St. Margarets’, St Mary’s, Tableland;
· SOUTH WESTERN DIVISION: Cap De Ville, Cedros, Erin, Fyzabad, Guapo, La Brea, Oropuche, Penal, Point Fortin, Santa Flora.
· CENTRAL DIVISION: Caroni Cunupia Brasso Freeport Gran Couva Las Lomas Longdenville
· TOBAGO DIVISION: Charlotteville, Crown Point, Moriah, Old Grange, Roxborough
Completed forms should be returned to the Social Welfare district offices closest to where you reside.
The Ministry reminds the public to practice physical distancing, as government works in tandem with citizens to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus and flatten the curve in Trinidad and Tobago.
In this regard, persons are encouraged to utilize the online options as far as possible. The Ministry wishes to assure citizens that once eligible, applications will be processed and payments will be made accordingly.