Admit it. We’ve all been there. We set these ambitious end of year goals, or resolutions as we like to call it, and by year’s end, we look back and realise we hardly scratched the surface. Some goals, while personal, require the input of the world around us. Some require better time management to accomplish, something that essentially brings other people into the mix. Sometimes though, it’s important for us to keep it simple and take things one step at a time.
Here are a list of pretty simple goals that can fast track your success in acquiring a better quality of life for yourself. Remember, if you’re not healthy, happy and conscious, nothing around you will effectively change for the better. It all starts with YOU!
HERE ARE 10 GOALS WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO TRY!
- Rise with intent each morning. Pray to the Creator with Gratitude as you rise.
- Drink a glass of water before eating anything.
- Consciously remind yourself to live in the present moment. Anything past this second, is GONE… and not worth the energy. The future does not exist. When it comes, it will be “the present.”
- Exercise for better health and to feel good. This could mean simple stretches and brisk walks daily.
- Try to serve someone, every day. It will make you feel good.
- Start a gratitude journal. Reflect on what you’re grateful for, daily.
- Accept what is happening in your life as if you had chosen it. Once you’ve accepted it- whether good or bad, you then journey to moulding things into what you need it to be.
- Remember, what you resist, persists. Strive to be conscious and awake in the year ahead.
- Read or listen to positive words every day. Try downloading podcasts like Oprah Winfrey’s SuperSoul Conversations or purchase books of wisdom like A New Earth by Eckart Tolle.
- Let LOVE be the currency of your journey. Enter all situations with a heart of love and never be swayed by things that hold no love.