Mmmmm, the stuffin’! The perfect compliment to your turkey! Or not! It can also be a mouthwatering stand-alone dish!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons onions, finely diced
- 3 tablespoons celery, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons thyme, leaves only
- 1⁄2teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄4cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
- 1⁄2cup raisins (optional)
- 4 cups dried bread, crust included (cut into 1/2 inch cubes)
- 1 3⁄4cups chicken stock
- 1 cup of broccoli floret (cut up in salted water)
- 1 cup of Calabaza pumpkin, cubed and roasted (or butternut squash)
- Black pepper (freshly ground)
Brought to you with the compliments of
- Bake the cubed bread in an oven at 300°F until crisp and dry
- Melt butter and combine with the oil in a heavy saucepan
- Add the garlic and onions and sauté until golden brown
- Add the salt, black pepper, celery, fresh herbs, spices, bread crumbs, raisins, and half the broccoli and half the pumpkin.
- Mix well and add the stock.
- Lower the heat, cover pot and simmer for about 20 minutes.
More Christmas Recipes