Along with Sorrel, Ginger Beer is another traditional drink that you see around Christmas time. It is an acquired taste but once you do acquire the taste, you can’t get enough! It’s not like traditional beer as the fermentation period is about one day to one week depending on how strong you like it.
- 1 pound of green ginger
- 10 cups of water
- 1 lime
- 2 cloves
Brought to you with the compliments of
- Wash, peel and grate the ginger.
- Peel and juice a lime, but keep the rind.
- Mix ginger, water, cloves, the lime juice, and the rind.
- Pour this mixture into clean glass bottles and leave it to ferment for about one day, preferably in the sun. the more time the stronger the drink.
- Strain the ginger beer and sweeten to taste with cane sugar.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
More Christmas Recipes