Punch De Crème
Ahhhh, Trinidad’s traditional Christmas drink! Nothing beats a good punch ah crème over ice with friends. Now depending on how you make it, this can have quite a kick, especially if you use the right amount of RUM!
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons of grated lime zest
- 3 (14 ounce) cans of Condensed Milk
- ¾ cup of canned evaporated milk
- 1 ½ cups of rum (or more depending on your preference)
- 1 tablespoon of aromatic bitters
- 1 pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
Brought to you with the compliments of
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs and lime zest using an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Gradually pour in your Condensed Milk while continuing to mix, and then pour in the evaporated milk.
- Stir in the rum and bitters, and sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Transfer to a bottle and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve over crushed ice and share with friends and family.
More Christmas Recipes