Advertisement

LIVE STREAMS

MESSAGE

LIVE STREAMS

MESSAGE

Advertisement

LIVE STREAMS

MESSAGE

Advertisement

Officials Deny Rumours Of Industrial Action At T&TEC.

by | Nov 5, 2018

Rumours of industrial action at the Trinidad & Tobago Electricity Commission are being denied by officials.

On Monday, there were rumours that issues with employees at the Commission led to industrial action being taken which resulted in a loss of electricity in the Valsayn area.

Calls to our newsroom revealed concerns that the loss of electricity was deliberate.

In fact, one caller revealed that they had been reliably informed that Valsayn was just the start and that more areas would find themselves without electricity as the day progressed.

However, one official at T&TEC told us that this was not factual.

News Power Now was informed that T&TEC received a report of an outage in the area at 8:23 am and power was restored at 10 am.

The official disclosed that the Commission had received similar reports of industrial action being taken, however,  their investigations revealed that this was not accurate.

 

Meanwhile, Executive Vice-President of the Oilfields Workers’ Trade Union,  Peter Burke says workers treated with the outage at Valsayn as quickly as they could.

Speaking with News Power Now this morning Mr Burke said that while he also got reports of industrial action by the workers, this proved to be a false report.

When asked to comment on exactly where the rumour of industrial action by the workers may have originated, Mr Burke claimed that while he was unsure of its origin, it may have come from person or persons with a specific purpose in mind.

0 Comments