Power 102.1fm Crime News.

by | Oct 6, 2016

Police are at this time investigating a double murder which occurred in Las Lomas.

Isaiah Guilleme and Ricardo James, both 22, were shot and killed in last night.

According to, Guilleme and James, of Mahaica Village, Las Lomas No 1, were standing about 200 metres from their homes around 9:00 pm on Wednesday night.

Persons in the vicinity of a popular bar said they then heard several loud explosions.

Upon investigating they observed two men lying in the roadway, bleeding from multiple gunshot injuries.

The police and emergency health services were notified, and a team of officers was dispatched to the location.

Both men died at the scene.

crime scene 7

And investigators are currently on scene of a homicide which was reported in La Horquetta this morning.

While information is still coming in, reports that the victim has been identified as 32 year old, Brent Straker.

According to sources, Straker’s body was discovered this morning at the home of a female friend along Boyton Avenue, La Horquetta, just before 8:00 am this morning.

Police officers were responding to a report of a house breaking, which was made by the woman who was staying at the home.

However, when they arrived they found Straker’s body at the scene.

He had been chopped multiple times and had died in one of the bedrooms of the home.

crime scene 7A man wanted in connection with several murders has been shot and killed by police

The lengthy run from the law from David “Sugars” Gittens’ ended in death on Wednesday when he was killed in a shootout with police in Point Fortin.

Gittens, who had outstanding warrants dating back to 2008 for firearm-related offences, was suspected in at least five murders between Point Fortin and Cedros.

He is also suspected in Monday’s killing of PH taxi driver Keston Jeffrey.

A report stated that around 3.30 pm Wednesday, South Western Division Task Force were on an anti-crime exercise when they got word of Gittens’ location at a house under construction along the Guapo/Cap-de-Ville Road.

When the officers arrived, Gittens was reportedly seen running down a flight of stairs with a pistol in hand.

Police said despite several warnings to drop it, Gittens continued to approach the officers who opened fire, hitting him several times.

The officers took him to the Point Fortin Area Hospital where he was pronounced dead on arrival.

A pistol with eight rounds of ammunition was recovered from the scene.