There’s been very little said on the matter of this year’s International Soca Monarch competition. Overnight however, entertainment news website, Ebuzztt.com reported that sources close to Lyons-Alvarez said she had bowed out of this year’s competition execution. The news has sent shockwaves through the entertainment landscape, many arguing that Lyons-Alvarez had done an amazing job last year.

Lyons Alvarez has reportedly indicated that she will not partake in the competition as she has not been given the green light to proceed up to this time. Fantastic Friday is just over one month away.

Details as to whether the competition will take place this year, are unknown. Up to this time, Lyons Alvarez has yet to give an official statement She only posted the following image on her Instagram, profile on Tuesday evening.