Minister of Works and Transport Rohan Sinanan says it is advisable to carpool where possible or to utilize the services of the Public Transport Service Corporation (PTSC) today.
He advised that additional buses will be made available to reduce congestion on the Uriah Butler Highway (UBH).
The National Emergency Operations Centre (NEOC) continues to coordinate the distribution of relief across Trinidad and Tobago.
Persons interested in donating goods and services should contact the Municipal Corporation closest to them.
The four (4) main areas affected by the Adverse Weather and Riverine Flooding are:
- The Sangre Grande Regional Corporation
- The Tunapuna/Piarco Regional Corporation
- The Couva/Tabaquite/Talparo Regional Corporation
- Mayaro/Rio Claro Regional Corporation
- The Diego Martin Regional Corporation
Flood waters have subsided in the Diego Martin and Maraval areas.